In a nutshell, branding is how others perceive you and how they feel about your product or service- the perception can either be good or bad.
Here we are going to look at benefits of having a great and strong brand, ways or create it and, last, we will mention some of South Africa's greatest and stronger brands.
Here are five benefits of having a great and strong brand:
- You will require less persuasion for consumers to use other products from the same brand.
- You are guaranteed a lasting customer relationship due to trust, and that gives a perception of quality.
- You will stand out from the cluttered marketplace.
- You will command a premium.
- You will give your customers a clear differentiation from other similar products to your one, for example- still mineral water.
Five ways to build a great and strong brand:
- You must first know your identity- what makes you stand out.
- You must always provide quality products or service (never compromise on quality, and go the extra mile for your clients).
- You must strive to be seen as a market leader, be the first to introduce new trends and information.
- You must build strong relationships with customers, suppliers and partners- this will improve the quality of your delivery.
- Create a strong corporate identity and market it well: have good name, logo, marketing material and web presence.
Five of South Africa's greatest and strongest brands:
- Standard Bank
Hopefully, your brand will be listed as one of the top five in the future.